Sunday, January 16, 2011

Resolutions

One of my 2011 resolutions is to blog more. As much as I want to be a good, consistent blogger, I'm having trouble figuring out what to talk about. What could possibly be going on in my life that is so interesting that the rest of the world (or even just the handful of people that read my blog) would want to hear about it? Here is where another 2011 resolution comes in: to think better of myself and in general be more positive. With that thought in mind, why wouldn't the world want to know about my life? How is whatever I may be doing any less important or "blog-worthy" than what anyone else is doing?

I've spent the last 7 days in Carlinville at my mom's house. Since our basement in St. Louis is being re-tuckpointed, which is a very loud and dirty process, I decided that the cat and I would take a mini-vacation. Each day this week I engaged in at least one wedding planning activity from arranging tables and chairs at the reception hall to timing steps down the aisle at the courthouse. It has become quite clear just how much there is to do! It has also become quite clear how excited I am not just to get married, but to get married to Jason.

Friday night was dinner out with my mom and brothers followed by drinks uptown. I went to the Anchor where I had a chance to congratulate the new owners on their business adventure. From there, I met up with my youngest brother at another bar. There I had the opportunity to catch up with an old friend and try cherry UV Vodka--both were enjoyable. However, I had another revelation: I can no longer keep up with 26-year-olds nor do I want to! Saturday, while paying dearly for Friday night's activities with a horrible headache, I had my first Skype experience. I attended my cousin-in-law's baby shower which was held via computer since she was snowed in in Massachusetts. Thank goodness for technology!

As I get ready to post this entry to my blog, I have some reservations as I know it is not my best work. Far from it, in fact. But I keep pointing out to myself two things. 1.) that I wrote something which is better than writing nothing even if it's not perfect and 2.) that it is not another depressing account of how bleak my medical situation is. Those types of posts are not to be the norm anymore--another 2011 resolution.


No comments:

Post a Comment